This article about the 9 vital postpartum exercises for the new mother will help a new mother get back in shape and feel more like herself again. Focusing on essential exercises for the core, full-body, and lower body. This article provides an attainable way to improve strength, flexibility, and physical well-being for the postpartum mom. The exercises are simple and easy to follow, making it possible for the new mother to perform these vital postpartum exercises safely.
These are a few benefits of these exercises,
- Aids weight loss
- Keeps your heart strong and healthy
- Relieves stress
- Tones your muscles
- Reduces fatiguability
- Builds confidence
- Increases bone density
All the exercises listed below are Diastasis Recti safe
Side shuffle punch
- To begin, stand with your feet apart, not too far apart, hinge forward at the hips and with fists in front of your chest.
- Move to the right using small steps, like 2 or 3 steps then throw a punch or jab in the air then shuffle to the left and punch in the air. Rinse and repeat
- This exercise targets the glutes, hips, thighs, and calves. It also boosts metabolism
Oblique knee raises
- This exercise is done with a leg raise performed one side at a time. Stand with your feet slightly apart with your hands behind your head and your elbows up.
- Place your weight on one leg and lift the free leg up to your side and simultaneously bring your knee to meet your elbow. Straighten your back and repeat on the other side.
- This exercise targets the oblique muscle
- To begin, stand upright with your feet shoulder-width apart and face forward.
- Start kicking your feet up until your heels touch your butt and your arms should be in running motion or placed behind the butt.
- This exercise targets the hamstrings
- To begin, lie down on your tummy with your legs straight and arms outstretched.
- Lift both your arms and legs at the same time, hold this position for a few seconds then return your lower back to the starting position.
- This exercise targets the lower back.
Slow sumo squats.
- Stand with your feet apart, a little bit wider than your hip-width with your feet facing forward.
- Chest out, hips pushed back, and then squat, while squatting make sure you keep your back straight
- Push through your heels to stand up which engages your thighs
- This exercise targets the glutes, quads, and lower back.
- Stand straight with your feet together, palms beside hips, and remember to engage your core
- Jump and split your legs while in the air, move your hands and clap over your head or at least let your fingers touch over your head.
- Land softly on your feet with your knees slightly bent.
- This exercise targets lats, shoulders, quads, and inner thighs.
Side plank hip dips.
- To begin, lie on the floor sideways with your forearm resting on the floor. Lift your hips and form a straight line from your shoulders through your ankle.
- Slowly allow your hips to dip and get closer to touching the floor. return back to the starting position and repeat on the other side.
- This exercise targets the oblique muscles, inner thighs, shoulders, glutes
Even though this is not exactly an exercise, breastfeeding helps a lot in achieving weight loss for a new mother. Breastfeeding burns 500 to 700 calories per day. You should combine breastfeeding with appropriate caloric intake and also some form of physical activity
this exercise has a lot of benefits. It is a good way to ease into exercise especially if you are new to exercising. Walking builds endurance over a long period of time. These are some of the benefits of walking.
- Increases lung capacity
- Reduces sugar cravings
- Helps in weight loss
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces the risk of heart disease
- Improves mood
- Lowers LDL
- Raises HDL
- Walk at your own pace
If you are a new mother and are looking for exercises that can help you get back in shape and stay fit after delivering a baby, then read through the article and try out the exercises mentioned above. These exercises will help you lose weight more quickly after delivery and get your pre-pregnancy body back easily. Remember to do these exercises with a diet plan. Do you have any exercises that helped you lose pregnancy weight? Let us know in the comments.
I really enjoy the article post.Thanks Again. Really Great.